Thursday, July 3, 2008

Start Wearing Purple




I was working on a draft of another blog post but it lacked necesary pictures so I'm just posting to hear myself speak.

I've been MIA lately. Etsy has kept me quite busy, as have songwriting and my plans to go to film school, more about that later.




Just wanted to say, I haven't been excited about new music in a long while, but the new Beck single Chemical trails...woah...new direction. love it. can't wait for the album.




New Coldplay: they've completely redeemed themselves with some help from Brian Eno. Parachutes is and was my favorite album, there may be a new contender.

That was a short list. I guess I'm still not that into anything thats come out recently. I'm gonna punch my face in if I have to hear Katie Perry one more time. Either that or staple my tongue to a sandwhich. actually, that might not be all that bad once the pain subsides.


Besides that, it's been heavy doses of Talking Heads "Covered with Daisies" and "Road to Nowhere" I learned to play "Burning Down the House on ukelele." I've got to figure out a way to get some mp3's on this blog...but I'm too busy.






If you haven't seen the Bat for Lashes video for "what's a girl to do," youtube it now. Creepy cool. Animal heads, ghosts, balloons, bicycle stunts, a flipped over car with huge fangs, all in a dark forest. Its got everything a music video should have. Old news for some, but too brilliant not to pass along.




By the way, if you're in a funk and you need lift this song will work every time: Start Wearing Purple. You may recognize Gogol from the film Everything is Illuminated with Elijah Wood (see top image).


and here's a little something from King Missile inspired by my recent job hunt.

2 comments:

Hey Harriet said...

I'd love to hear your rendition of 'Burning Down the House' on ukelele! Sounds awesome! Have you heard the cover of 'Psycho Killer' by Kate Miller-Heidke? OMG! It is soooo good! KMH is an Aussie indie artist & may not be known at all over your way, but if you can track it down I'm sure you'd appreciate it.

I love everything that Beck does!

amy said...

Glenn, Maybe you should blog about your punch rocks flipperbaby festival.

I laughed so hard when I read your response to Justine's blog(http://etsygems.blogspot.com), "Come in Paperface, do you read me, this is Flipperbaby, over...."

I Just got mom a birthday card. It's perfick, inside it reads "shut the fu*# uuuuuuuuup".
Did you get her anything? Probably not, because your arms are made of spaghetti spaghetti, your arms are made of spaghetti. Did you hear about Estelle Getty? She died, sad face. I loved her in Golden Girls, "thank you for being a friend, traveling down the road and back again, my heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant, doot, doot doot doot dooot...."