Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Valentines Day



I've been away from my blog for some time, but I thought I'd come out of hiding long enough to unveil our latest shirt. Just in time for Valentines Day!




I have been busy trying to become a Guitar Hero. Since I went to a well known music school to be a jazz saxophonist only to drop the sax, focus on songwriting, and change my prinicipal instrument to beginner guitarist, I never really went through the "learn to play smoke on the water/stairway/crazy train/(fill in overplayed riff based song)" phase that most teenage guitarists do. So at 28 years old I bought a book of transcriptions and I'm working my way through Queen's "Killer Queen," having finally mastered the classical intro to Heart's "Crazy On You" and Dick Dale's "Misirlou." I'm also teaching guitar part-time again, and my students want to learn to play things like "The Beast and the Harlot," "Pinball Wizard," or "Don't Fear the Reaper." That means I have to figure them out first. So if you don't see me on blogger much, thats why.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.